Monday, November 10, 2008

31


1/6 SS, F 5.6, ISO 1600
I am learning that I need stop always opening my lens open wide. This would have been better with less depth of field and a tripod since I can't hold my camera steady. So aside from really bad focus I thought it was a cool picture. I just read that a good rule to go by for handhold you camera safely with out camera shake problems is to use the inverse of your camera lens. Example...I was using my 70-300 telephoto so I shouldn't try to handhold it past 1/300 of a second.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Awesome picture...how did you get lighting like that? I hear you when it comes to not having a steady hand. When I get my camera @ the end of the month a tripod will be in the mix as well. This photo is beautiful.

Nicole said...

Jenny, this is beautiful!