Sunday, October 5, 2008

03

Enjoying the apple squeeze, an experiment in ISO speed and some practice framing a close-up.

SS 1/125, Aperture F 5.6, ISO 200

SS 1/400, Aperture F5.6, ISO 400

SS 1/125, Aperture 5.6, ISO 800

This was an experiment in Aperture Priority. I took essentially the same picture in different ISO settings. I need to do more reading. I thought the higher the ISO the more light my lens would capture. But looking at the results of the pictures the lower the ISO the brighter the picture. Am I totally backwards?
My tutor says it was a crappy experiment. I guess I needed to take more identical pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the last one is my favorite! you can really see her enjoying the apple:)

Tyra said...

Hi, I'm tyra, also a 100 blogger! Is it okay if I link to you!

Jennifer said...

Sure;-)

Fisher Family said...

love the 3rd one..chubby cheeks and the yum yummy apple.