Friday, October 3, 2008

A Begining

I love my girlfriends. I love that they inspire me to reach new heights, develop new talents and encourage me to try and reach the woman who I want to be. We have just started a photo club to learn together to become better photographers. Our first homework assignment was to attempt a 100 days photo log. Each day a new picture, a chance to experiment and a reason to keep our cameras handy and shoot new things. I am very excited. If you were learning at the feet of this group you would be too. There is so much talent to be soaked in. I will be a sponge...
So here is to 100 days of the coolest homework I've ever had to do:-) Oh and I promise I will not use the auto setting ever again...(at least for my assigments).

4 comments:

Fisher Family said...

How fun..now I'm wishing I were still in WA even more. I would love to do the photo group. Remind me again which camera you bought. I'm getting my big girl camera next month and I'm taking a poll. Can't wait to see your shots.

Jennifer said...

Hey you..miss ya...keep checking your blog! I have a Cannon Rebel XTI and love it.

So Lost And Found said...

These are so cool!
I have been playing a little with light painting and this is the sight that inspired me.

http://www.lostamerica.com/

The guy who does this is a guy named Troy Paiva. I bought his book and have swapped a few emails with him. You don't have to use this for abandoned, it works for other stuff. I have shot the trampoline our house, orange trees for Hannah's art project. Anyways, it works best with a full moon.

Wish we were closer to see you guys more.

Bill

Nicole said...

OK, that is what JOn and I want for Christmas. It could be a theme. During the temple dedication of the Gila Valley Temple, I decided that the kids are getting nice pictures of Christ and temples for thier presents. Well, this is what I want- like how you did a stretch canvas picture gift for Grandpa. I think that I would like this from now on from you. I am too cheap to "buy" art and I am tried of my boring walls. And Jenny, you truly have a gift (and an eye). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE print me some of your pictures!